Follow these reminders to be a smart consumer/homeowner:
1) Always insist on a written contract and don’t go on verbal promises
2) Only pay for work once it’s completed and inspected; materials when delivered.
3) Always read contracts first.
4) Know where the main shut off is for electrical, plumbing, and gas systems.
5) Unless you initiate the call, don’t buy anything over the phone.
6) Always shred your discarded mail.
7) It’s never a good idea to purchase an extended warranty.
8) Always buy and don’t lease a home security system. Make sure its ‘standard’ wiring.
9) Always get multiple bids on home improvement systems.
10) Beware of door-to-door deals
These tips are complements of Welcome Home Magazine. For more information on homeownership call Todd Groth at 720.203.9624 or look us up online at http://www.BevGrothProperties.com.